MAry MItchell, CHicago Sun-Times - 5/11/17
Whether standing up to gangbangers in Brighton Park or shoveling snow for one of our many senior citizens in West Englewood, Raymond does it with one thing in mind:
Making sure 15th Ward families come first!
A record of accomplishments
In his first term, Raymond has:
• Brought millions of dollars in infrastructure improvements to repave crumbling streets, alleys, and sidewalks.
• Completely modernized street & alley lighting in portions of the Ward with more on the way.
• Fought for an increase in the minimum wage helping Chicagoans support their families.
• Secured paid sick time for all Chicagoans.
• Showed gangbangers that he’s not afraid to stand up to them to defend 15th Ward residents.
• Fought for increased funding for anti-violence programs and supportive services to help kids stay on the right path.
• Brought programs that helped homeowners save thousands of dollars on their property taxes and fees.
•Made streets safer for pedestrians by installing new traffic signals, traffic calming circles, speed bumps, stop signs near schools and bump outs on major streets.
…and he’s not finished yet!